Dystonia Diary

This is what it's like to have cervical dystonia - the good, the bad, and the ugly. Actually, there's nothing good about it.

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Paperwork

Got my former doctor's final report, and it's pretty much what I expected. It's a permanent, but not a "major" disability, no more cashiering, and future medical treatment is recommended. Both doctors think I've reached the maximum benefit of my treatment, which means that I'll probably never be able to hold my head straight and turned forward again. There's no way I'll be able to drive or ride a bicycle - at least not safely - or be employed full-time at the store where I work since cashiering is mandatory for the full-time positions.

Although things aren't progressing as I'd hoped, they are progressing - they're moving ahead instead of standing still. And I'm still as depressed as I was when things were standing still. I should probably talk to my doctor about it, but I don't want to wait and see if the insurance company will pay for another doctor's consultation, I can't afford another doctor, and I don't want to take more drugs. But I hate being miserable all the time. I'll wait and see how things are at my next appointment, and decide whether or not to talk to him about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home