Dystonia Diary

This is what it's like to have cervical dystonia - the good, the bad, and the ugly. Actually, there's nothing good about it.

Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Botox update

Got about 14 shots of Botox yesterday morning. I told my Dr that 80% of the pain was on the left side of my neck, and that the muscles on the left side of my neck were tight, hard, and bulging from my head turning so hard (to the right). He injected most of the right side of my neck (the wrong side) again. If I get the same results that I got last time (my dystonia was barely affected & I couldn't turn my head to the left), I'm going to be angry.

The Botox was done about 40% on the left side (the correct side), and 60% on the right side (the wrong side). Hopefully it won't turn out too bad this time. At least I get good pain relief until it wears off.

At my next follow-up, I'm going to ask my Dr about getting a consultation with a physical therapist who knows about dystonia, and knows how to treat it. Maybe I can get some exercises that will be more helpful than the "muscle strain" exercises I got back in 2003.

By the way, I recently got a recommendation to check out a site called Disorder.org. It's a good resource for useful (and easy to understand) information about a wide variety of disorders. There's a link to it at the top of my list of links.

And by the way, my spell-check keeps telling me that dystonia is misspelled. I guess spell-check hasn't heard of dystonia.

1 Comments:

At 5:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home