Dystonia Diary

This is what it's like to have cervical dystonia - the good, the bad, and the ugly. Actually, there's nothing good about it.

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Crafts

Since I developed dystonia, I haven't been able to crochet because I couldn't hold my head straight and turned forward. Yesterday I managed to crochet a small scarf for winter! I was so happy that I could do it, and that it turned out so nice, that I cried with happiness! I'm going to start work on a sweater that I started planning before my dystonia. After nearly two years, I can actually crochet again! Hopefully with continued Botox treatment I'll be able to keep crocheting.

I'm not sure if I'll get more Botox this month, or if I'll be able to wait until next month. I've been getting tension headaches recently, my neck has been turning harder, and the pain has been getting a little worse. In spite of that, I'm still doing a lot better than I was at the beginning of the year. And I'm still working.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home