Dystonia Diary

This is what it's like to have cervical dystonia - the good, the bad, and the ugly. Actually, there's nothing good about it.

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Depression

I haven't enjoyed the holidays too much since I started working in retail, but now I can't stand them. I hate the holiday season, and I can't wait for it to be over. Not only is my depression geting worse, my pain has gotten worse since the workload has increased, and now we're occasionally being understaffed, which makes the work even harder, and more stressful. At home, the pain is constant but not too bad, but at work my neck turns about as far as it can go, and the pain is about midway between good and bad - with aspirin and Ben-Gay! I don't want to think about how bad it would be without either. It wouldn't be as bad as it was before I got treatment (nearly intollerable), but I'm not going to stop using aspirin and Ben-Gay until after I get more Botox.

I hate being depressed - especially during the holidays - but I'm not insured, and if there's any free or cheap treatment available, how good could it be? You get what you pay for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home