Dystonia Diary

This is what it's like to have cervical dystonia - the good, the bad, and the ugly. Actually, there's nothing good about it.

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Work and pain

My doctor told me to tell my boss not to schedule me for "more hours than before", because the extra workload is just too much. Well, that's definitely true, but I need the money! I got the word from the doctor after I had already agreed to go to work 2 hours early. In addition to that, we all stayed an hour later than usual. Big mistake on my part! The pain was awful, but not quite as bad as before treatment. The deviation, and my control over it, is a little worse. He wants me to call him next week to let him know how I'm doing, then my appointment is the following week. I hope I'll be getting more Botox, because It's going to be so much worse after Thanksgiving. I can handle a few more extra hours as I am now, but not the heavier workload and extra stress.

It's extremely frustrating to not be able to control my constant head-turning. It's been getting stuck in its "turn and tilt" position at work, and it hurts like hell, making the stress worse, making the depression worse. The holidays are depressing anyway, especially since all my "friends" have dumped me. It would be great to have someone to talk to - in person, not just on-line - but I guess I'm just SOL on that. Oh well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home