Dystonia Diary

This is what it's like to have cervical dystonia - the good, the bad, and the ugly. Actually, there's nothing good about it.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Late update

I finally got more Botox last week! 13 shots, for a total of 59 so far (35 during May and June, then 11 more in August). Within an hour of getting the shots, I had the usual numbness, minor muscle weakness, a stuffy nose, and for the first time a really strange laryngitis, all of which cleared up in a few hours.

Now, a week later, I'm having some trouble swallowing (as expected). There's been very little improvement, but I probably won't have the maximum benefit for another week. The one noticable improvement I've had is that my constant tension headache is almost completely gone!

I'm sleeping a little better, but there's still a lot of room for improvement in that department.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home