Dystonia Diary

This is what it's like to have cervical dystonia - the good, the bad, and the ugly. Actually, there's nothing good about it.

Saturday, February 25, 2006

Blah

I'm not too happy with my latest treatment. The Botox shots have provided good pain relief for my neck, but now my left shoulder hurts more each day and hunches up, my head hangs down to the left a little more, and I'm still having tension headaches all the time. That's in addition to my head being twisted to the right. And now that I have another new insurance adjuster (6 in 2 years), I don't know if he'll agree to authorise more Botox - or anything else - as needed. Guess I'll find out when my doctor asks for more.

The good news is that now that my cold is finally gone, I can finally sleep at night.

1 Comments:

At 5:48 PM, Blogger Robmatt63 said...

Besides myself my sister also has Dystonia. She has Torticollis so I really understand how you are feeling. I also get Botox in my left leg which really works for me, but I am finding out since I have a different doctor doing it now I get different results. I don't feel as good as when the other doctor gave me the shot. I also get bad headaches and the Topamax really helped. I really like your blog and I will keep an eye out for new postings. Bob

 

Post a Comment

<< Home