Dystonia Diary

This is what it's like to have cervical dystonia - the good, the bad, and the ugly. Actually, there's nothing good about it.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

After the appointment

My doctor said he's going to ask for authorization for more Botox. The right side of my neck is doing pretty good, but the left side is still really tight, which is why I'm a little "off-balance". I'm not counting on the authorization, because it's been less than 4 months since my last shots, but he won't need much. Maybe I'll get lucky.

He also noticed how much worse the deviation is, so he took measurements. That'll probably be helpful in convincing the insurance company to approve his request for more Botox.

Since I've been having so much trouble falling asleep and staying asleep, he recommended that I increase my dosage of Tizanidine. I was taking 20 mg of Baclofen before bedtime and 8 mg of Tizanidine at bedtime, but now it's up to 12 mg of Tizanidine. It didn't make much difference last night, but that's probably because I changed most of the earrings for my cartilage piercings, and my ears were kinda sore. They still are, so it'll probably be a few days before I notice much difference in my sleep.

My doctor said I could also start experimenting with higher doses of Baclofen, as long as it doesn't make me too sleepy. It's nice to know he trusts me not to abuse my meds, but I'm not going to take more of it until I see how the extra Tizanidine works out. Of course I'll tell him when I start taking more, but the problem is that I don't know how long 10 mg of Baclofen lasts. I can always ask the pharmasist, since Walgreens is less than half a block down the street.

As messed up as my neck is now, I'm still fairly pleased, because it's not anywhere near as painful as it was before treatment, and I can still work. I don't get many hours, but I still have a job! :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home