Dystonia Diary

This is what it's like to have cervical dystonia - the good, the bad, and the ugly. Actually, there's nothing good about it.

Friday, March 10, 2006

Getting worse

My neck has gotten noticably worse over the last couple of days. It's twisted around at a worse angle, it's getting more painful more often, and when I have to walk around without my hand at the side of my neck, my neck pops as I walk (the dystonia is affecting the degenerative disk disease in my neck). Not a pleasant sensation. It's getting a little harder to work, but we haven't been too busy lately so I can still get my job done. I don't know how much longer I'll be able to keep up while slowing down.

I'll see my doctor this Tuesday, and I'll have to remember to ask him about the possibility of taking Baclofen during the day, instead of just at night, since I get a little pain and spasm relief with it. I still have trouble falling asleep and staying asleep, but any relief is better than no relief.

Oh, I sent in my renewal for my driver's license, and they ask if you have a condition that prevents you from driving safely. I checked "yes" and briefly explained my dystonia. Today I got a driver's license! I was surprised. Lots of "normal, healthy" people can't drive worth a damn, but I can't drive and I have a license. Go figure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home