Dystonia Diary

This is what it's like to have cervical dystonia - the good, the bad, and the ugly. Actually, there's nothing good about it.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Insomnia

I've had insomnia for a while, but these last 2 weeks, it's gotten a lot worse. I spend 11 hours in bed, but sleep only about half that time. Wake up, fall asleep, wake up, fall asleep....... Now I'm falling asleep in the late afternoon or early evening. I'm miserable, have a mild headache most of the time, and I'm tired all of the time. I'm really looking forward to my next Dr appointment next week. I just hope my Dr has a solution for my insomnia, because since the deviation is getting worse, the insomnia will keep getting worse.

2 Comments:

At 12:44 AM, Blogger RJ said...

Hey there... just reading up. Insecurity is frightening, isn't it. I hope things work out for you and that you defeat this wave of depression. Do you think that perhaps something that you're taking might be causing your lack of sleep? I know that some of the things I have taken really messed up my sleeping patterns back in December.

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger I go by many names... said...

Thanks for your comment! :-) Unfortunately, I'm having insomnia in spite of my meds. I'm taking Baclofen and Zanaflex to help me sleep, and to help with the neck spasms, but they aren't helping me fall asleep or stay asleep anymore. VERY frustrating! >:-(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home