Dystonia Diary

This is what it's like to have cervical dystonia - the good, the bad, and the ugly. Actually, there's nothing good about it.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Botox day

I had 16 shots of Botox today, and I can't believe how sore I was later! The shots were around 7:20am, and it's a little after 8:30pm, and I still ache. That's unusual, but I did have a lot of shots, and a little more Botox than usual. I actually had to take aspirin!

Before the shots, during the "how are you today" interview, the nurse asked me what my level of pain was on a scale of 1 - 10 (1 being very little pain). Today at 6:45am? I told her Well, it was about a 2, because it's still early, and the pain is always worse later in the day. She seemed surprised, but I didn't care. The truth is, I have very little pain early in the morning, and it gets worse throughout the day. Like now. *lol*

A nice little extra they did today was let me use a "squeezy-ball", a small rubber ball to grip during the injections. A very handy thing indeed! I was going to bring my own today, but I forgot. Now that I know they have them, I can just ask for it the next time. And the next time. And the next time...

2 Comments:

At 12:06 PM, Blogger RJ said...

Hello there.. just wanted to let you know that I've moved my dystonia blog (the one you have linked) because I needed to save money for medical bills and things.

It is now here

http://rjpayomo.blogspot.com/

Hope you are doing alright.

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger I go by many names... said...

Thanks for the info! I'll update my link. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home