Dystonia Diary

This is what it's like to have cervical dystonia - the good, the bad, and the ugly. Actually, there's nothing good about it.

Friday, July 14, 2006

Still pretty good...

It's only been in the last week or so that I've gotten noticably worse. The pain is only a little worse, but it's all over my left shoulder, and in the back and sides of my neck. I'm still pretty flexable and have good range of motion, but my head is not only turned to the right, but being pulled down towards my left shoulder, and my left shoulder is being pulled up. It's a really awkward position, but I'm still functional enough to keep working.

Since I stopped drinking my favorite Starbucks drink - the one that had caffeine but they told me it didn't - the Zanaflex is working better. The Tizanidine is still pretty ineffective though, but since I don't have much more of it, it's not a problem.

My depression has been getting a little better. I'm not sure if it's because I'm sleeping better, or because I'm adapting better to having dystonia. Whatever the reason, it's nice to not be quite so miserable all the time. I'm still bothered by the fact that I look freakish, though. Hopefully it won't take much longer to adapt to that.

It's also nice to be able to treat the pain with just a couple of aspirin and a microwaveable herbal hot pack!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home