Dystonia Diary

This is what it's like to have cervical dystonia - the good, the bad, and the ugly. Actually, there's nothing good about it.

Monday, August 21, 2006

More Botox tomorrow!

I'm both dreading and looking forward to my Dr appointment for more Botox tomorrow. Although the neck pain has gotten worse, I still have more control over the spasms than I normally would at this time. I'm looking forward to the shots because of the pain, spasm, and muscle contraction relief. I'm dreading it because of how painful the shots are. I had 16 last time, and I hope I won't need as many this time.

How painful are they? Try pinching your neck with your fingernails - hard - for about 5 seconds, about a dozen times, and you'll have an idea what it's like. Not fun, but very effective for 3 - 4 months. Then it's back to the Dr office for more! Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll last for 4 months again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home